Friday, January 1, 2010

"My Testimony"

I never ever wanna press rewind
Never wanna go back in time
Not much glory
In that story but it's mine so I'm
Loving who I am today
Past has past away
Finally I have forgiven me


   I believe that these lyrics from the popular Mary Mary song personify the emotions I have felt throughout the past year. If you have not had a chance, listen to "Forgiven Me" and I am sure that you will find a message for youself in the same manner that I have. You and I both know the old adage that "bad habits die hard".  This reality is what makes me refer to this song when I am struggling even harder than Spike Lee  to "Do the Right Thing".  Like the song says, I never want to "press rewind" either when God has promised that was lies ahead will be so much better than what came before.  I am taking it to heart that the past is in the past and that I can overcome any negative circumstances that my past has created while building upon the positive ones that now exist.  I have finally forgiven me and it is time that you did the same for yourself.

 Best Wishes for the New Year,
                                            DeeJay

No comments:

Post a Comment